Monday, August 19, 2013

Mr Poon at Malate, Manila

Another restaurant that I grew up eating at is Mr Poon Restaurant. We rarely eat at this place but we often get takeouts. There are a lot of Friday lunches when the cook doesn't feel like cooking, my mom would automatically order from Mr Poon.


The restaurant is very simple looking. We have tried everything on that tarpaulin.

We ordered our all time favorites:

 CLAM SHELL SOUP P65 / CUP

Everyone had a bowl of this as starter. Very light in flavor and there was not an ounce of sand and other nasty particles you always get whenever you order clam soup.

RICE

You cannot not order rice when dining here. All the viands are best paired with rice!

 SPECIAL BEEF P199

My favorite! The beef was super tender. Although I don't like the taste of ginger, the shredded ones just added a very light gingery clean taste to the beef.

 KUTCHAY TAUCUA W/ SHRIMP P199

Crunchy and very nice in flavor.

 STEAMED PUSIT P190

The squid was also tender. It tasted very much like "lutong-bahay".

 STEAMED LAPU-LAPU W/ SPECIAL SAUCE ( SEASONAL PRICE )

My parents' favorite. I still don't have any idea what is the special sauce made out of. We get all the sauce and mix it with our rice! Delicious!

HALO-HALO

After lunch, the Mr Poon who is also a family friend dropped by our table to have a little chat with the parents. While chatting he gave me and my sister free desserts! Pai-seh!

BUCO SALAD

But I'm glad he did because I love the Buko Salad. :D

Thank you Uncle!

Have A Lovely Day!





Mr Poon Restaurant
1630 Luis Maria Guerrero Street, 
Malate, Manila
Tel. 525 5555

2 comments:

  1. do they still have the steamed fish with TAUSO?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fat Witch! Yup yup! They still have that on the menu! :D

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog. I want to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...