Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Romulo Cafe at Jupiter Street, Makati

One Sunday night, we were going to the new Buddha Bar Restaurant to have dinner. We asked for directions and circled the entire Kalayaan Avenue twice because we couldn't find it. On our third try, we hardly saw the newly opened restaurant because it was CLOSED! Apparently, I didn't see when I googled it the restaurant was close during Sundays. The parents of companion were quite hungry so I had to racked my brain out thinking of a substitute restaurant nearby. Then I thought about my good friend's Jem of Mentalfeet's blog about Romulo Cafe which we passed by at Jupiter Street. She raved about it in her post and I trust her judgement! 


The interior of the Cafe was full of old pictures. The walls and flooring were painted in black and white. Very clean looking. The place looks impressive.

Our orders:

PINOY NACHOS P100

Kamote and taro chips drizzled with melted keso puti, keso de bola, and tomato.

POMELO SALAD P250

Green salad with pomelo and salted egg, drizzled with Baguio-strawberry vinaigrette.

PLAIN RICE

BAGNET PAKBET P200

Mixed vegetables sauteed in bagoong, topped with bagnet.

CHICKEN-PORK ADOBO ROMULO STYLE P290

Twice-cooked chicken and pork, with adobo sauce on the side.

LECHON KAWALI SISIG P288

Look at those cute little sunny-side up eggs on top of the yummy sisig. How cute is that?!

PRAWNS IN ALIGUE SAUCE P528

My special request because I love prawns and I LOVE the cholesterolific crab fat sauce!

SINIGANG NA BANGUS BELLY IN RIPE GUAVA P390

Fatty milkfish cooked in sour tamarind broth.

TOCINO DEL CIELO P85

I was not able to taste this because uncle ate it all!

SUMAN SA LATIK P60

Everything we had was excellent except for this. I didn't like that they fried the suman. It became oily and dry. They also cooked the latik into a sauce and it wasn't very good.

Overall, Romulo Cafe is quite good serving Filipino dishes with a twist.

Have A Lovely Day!





Romulo Cafe
148 Jupiter Street, Bel-air
Makati City
Tel. # 822 0286, 478 6406

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing...the lechon kawali sisig is so cute!!! I've never seen sisig displayed that way, so cute!! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cute noh? Taste even better! :D I think baka quail egg yun kaya maliit lang?

      Delete
  2. love the decor. so swanky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 whats up M! I am missing you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I want to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...